Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Dinner At Home

Every year on Valentines Day, I take my girlfriend to a nice restaurant.  This usually requires searching for a nice place we haven't been to, and booking at least 5 days in advance.  After braving the weather and crowds, it always ends up being a nice romantic evening out.  This year, we decided to have valentines day dinner at home.  I am not a good cook, far from it,  but I was willing to cook an entire 4 course meal, but thankfully my girlfriend offered to cook two dishes while I do another two.  This was our valentine's dinner at home:


Wine and flowers


first course, my dish,  is Roasted Butternut Squash Soup


second course, her dish, Parmesan Risotto with Shrimp


main course, my dish, Gordon Ramsay's Beef Wellington


fourth course, dessert, her dish, Apple Crisp a la mode


It was our first valentine's day at home and the food wasn't bad at all. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment