Saturday, July 19, 2014

Camera Noob

Recently got a hand-me down camera. It's a 10 mega pixels Sony Alpha 230.  Although smart phones and instagram take great photos these days, trying your hand at a SLR (Single Lens Reflex - I just learned that) camera is a whole other world.



I googled some basics such as Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and got some tips from HT and off I went.



Below are the first pics shot by my girlfriend and I with the camera, mostly nature shots through the park. We were trying different settings and lenses, remember we have no idea what we're doing.









a dragonfly














we spotted this guy perched up high, used the 300 mm zoom lens



1 comment:

  1. Hey Chan, I'm glad that you're enjoying your new camera. I looked at the photos and you have a great eye for images...keep posting for us to see progress!

    ReplyDelete