Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Rocketeer Build

July 15 2014

In 1991 Disney Released The Rocketeer. The movie was a failure at the box office despite some notable stars such as Jennifer Connelly and James Bond himself Timothy Dalton.

 

What I loved about the movie was the pre digital age special effects and character design.
The Rocketeer himself wore a 1930's aviation jacket and a late Art Deco styled helmet.




Today the rocketeer is making a bit of a resurgence, he's in comic books, cartoons, and a staple at every con.

check out Myth Busters Adam Savage's costume



I always loved this helmet, so I'm taking what I learned from my last build and taking my shot at it. This time no time lines, and no pressure.

July 16, 2014

Found the template online


Traced it out on bristle board and assembled with tape





September 1, 2014

It's been a month and a half since I updated my progress on this build. Not much to show so far, I've been busy with other things.  I hardened the paper with Resin, added Bondo, and sanded.



next up I'm going to have to tackle the air vents, the fin, detailing, and the rivets.

Stay Tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment